Poached Pear with Yogurt and Honey
- ½ cup apple juice concentrate
- 14 ounces water
- 1 medium pear, peeled
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- In a saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate and water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer. Place pear into saucepan.
- Meanwhile, cut vanilla pod in half, and scrape out the seeds. Place both the seeds and vanilla pod into saucepan. Continue cooking until pear is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer pear to a serving plate. Serve with yogurt and honey.
244 calories (2g protein, 59g carbohydrate, 0g fat, 41mg sodium) per serving