Plum Chicken Thighs
- 1¼ pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, cut into 1-inch slices
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup plum jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Mixed greens (optional)
- In a large bowl, add chicken thighs, five-spice powder, and salt. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add thighs and cook, turning once, until no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. In drippings in skillet, add onions and cook 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Stir in broth, plum jam, and vingear. Increase heat to high, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook another 4 minutes, or until sauce thickens. Return thighs to skillet, and turn to coat with sauce. Serve chicken with mixed greens, if desired.
333 calories (32g protein, 31g carbohydrate, 9g fat, 511mg sodium) per serving