PoisoningYoung children have the highest risk of poisoning because of their innate curiosity. Taking precautions against poisoning in your home is still the best measure any parent can make.
What to do: If the child is conscious, identify the poison and note when it was taken. Immediately bring her to the doctor, taking the poison along with you. If your child is unconscious, call for an ambulance and apply CPR while waiting. Do not give your child anything to eat or drink, and do not try to induce her to vomit.
Quiz for Parents: Can You Cope In A First-Aid Crisis?