Shrimp and Crab Bisque
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1½ cups half-and-half cream
- ½ pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ pound pre-cooked crab meat
- ½ cup white wine
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over a low heat. Stir in flour, salt, white pepper, bouillon granules, and onion. Blend ¾ cup half-and-half cream into the mixture. Mix in shrimp and crab meat. Turn temperature to medium heat and continue stirring until mixture thickens.
- Blend remaining half-and-half cream and wine into mixture. Serve.
215 calories (17g protein, 6g carbohydrate, 12g fat, 781mg sodium) per serving