Low-Fat Baked Potatoes
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed and pierced with fork
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 5 teaspoons light butter or margarine, melted
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place potatoes on baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool 10 minutes.
- Cut a thin lengthwise slice off each potato. Scoop pulp from all pieces, keeping shells of potatoes intact. Discard skins from thin slices.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add pulp, cheese, milk, 3 teaspoons melted butter or margarine, and scallion, and beat until fluffy with an electric mixer. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Scoop pulp mixture back into potato shells and drizzle with remaining butter over top.
- Coat a baking pan with olive oil spray. Place potatoes in pan and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
224 calories (9g protein, 38g carbohydrate, 4g fat, 190mg sodium) per serving