Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 1 Hr 15 Minutes
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1½ cups brown basmati rice
- 1½ tablespoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, combine broth, rice, and oil, and bring to a near boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook about 50 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Set aside 10 minutes.
- Season rice with salt and pepper. Add cilantro and lemon juice, and fluff rice with fork.
189 calories (3g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 5g fat, 374mg sodium) per serving