Braised Tofu with Garlic and Ginger
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 pounds firm tofu, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1½ tablespoons tamari
- Juice of 1 lime
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Add tofu and tamari, and stir to coat. Cover, and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Top with lime juice before serving.
222 calories (18g protein, 6g carbohydrate, 14g fat, 145mg sodium) per serving