Teriyaki Tofu with Soba Noodles
Category: Pastas & Rice
Prep + Cooking Time: 22 Minutes
- ¼ cup mirin
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sake
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and quartered
- 1 pound uncooked soba noodles
- ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
- In a bowl, whisk together the mirin, soy sauce, sake, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu pieces, pour mirin mixture over tofu, and bring to a boil. Cook tofu, turning once, about 3 minutes each side.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles in boiling water until al dente. Drain.
- Divide soba noodles among 4 plates. Top with tofu and teriyaki sauce, and sprinkle scallions over top.
302 calories (18g protein, 44g carbohydrate, 6g fat, 824mg sodium) per serving