Baked Apple Crisp
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup chilled butter
- ½ cup whole grain pastry flour, divided
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 9 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 13" X 9" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, butter, ¼ cup flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Cut butter into mixture until just crumbly.
- In a large bowl, toss apples and lemon juice together. Add remaining ¼ cup flour, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Place apples in baking dish, pour water over apple mixture, and sprinkle oat mixture evenly over top. Bake in preheated oven until apples are tender, about 40 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, if desired.
147 calories (1g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 7g fat, 58mg sodium) per serving