Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 1 Hr 45 Minutes
- 4 pounds pumpkin, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 medium leeks, sliced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large roasting pan, combine the pumpkin, rosemary, and 1 tablespoon oil. Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, leek, and celery. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring once or twice, until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add roasted pumpkin mixture and broth to pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer mixture, in batches, to a food processor and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, ladle soup into bowls and top with sour cream, if desired.
161 calories (3g protein, 17g carbohydrate, 9g fat) per serving