Monkfish With Vegetable Stew
Prep + Cooking Time: 1 Hr
- 1 pound eggplant, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 14-ounce jar prepared marinara sauce
- 4 6-ounce monkfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a shallow baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, toss together the eggplant, potato, bell pepper, and onion with 2 teaspoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Arrange vegetables on pan and roast in preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in garlic and marinara. Cover loosely with foil and bake another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rub fillets with remaining 2 teaspoons oil, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Remove pan from oven, and stir in chopped parsley. Place fillets in pan, cover loosely with foil, and return pan to oven. Bake until fish is just cooked through, about 10 minutes.
286 calories (29g protein, 20g carbohydrate, 10g fat) per serving