Japanese Miso Soup
Category: Soups & Stews
Prep + Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 2¼ cups water
- 2 ounces tofu, cut into ¼-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon light miso paste
- 2 teaspoons barley miso paste
- ½ cup fresh spinach, washed and chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Ladle out about ½ cup of boiling water, and reserve.
- Add tofu. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach; simmer about 1 to 2 minutes, or until the greens are tender. Remove soup from heat.
- Blend miso into reserved hot water. Stir into soup. Ladle into bowls, and garnish with scallion. Serve immediately.
48 calories (4g protein, 4g carbohydrate, 2g fat, 309mg sodium) per serving